(Senior) Design Researcher (m/f/d)
Brand, Research & Strategy
designaffairs is a strategic design consultancy with the brains, hands, hearts and guts to rock the future. We believe only exploration beyond boundaries will spark truly new ideas that enable our clients to grow and create a sustainable future.
We’re looking for talents who can creatively apply their extensive knowledge of all things Research, Strategy, Design and Business to help our clients bring to market truly disruptive products and services. designaffairs Shanghai has the ambition of elevating human capabilities and experiences through our design work.
We are open to how you demonstrate your past project experience, but we really wish to see your passion for the subject matter and hear how you envisage the future.
At designaffairs it is very important to us that you engage with the creative process and are passionate about the needs of people.
- As a Senior Design Researcher (m/f/d) you are part researcher, strategist and hands-on creative.
- You are a person who is passionate about leading project teams, hungry to contribute to our culture of exploration, exceptional at uncovering human-centered insights and translating these insights into meaningful opportunities for design and innovation and has the ability to lead tasks throughout the project lifecycle.
- Our team will rely on you to be an in-house expert on all things Research and strategy.
- You will push both our clients and our internal team by using research to inspire our design teams, inform better prototypes, and elevate the perspective of our clients.
- Your impact will come through ensuring we create the RIGHT value for clients not just NEW value.
- You have 5+ years of qualitative and quantitative research experience with solid experience in China is required (Ideally has professional consulting experience but experience within industry highly desired).
- You should have a deep knowledge and experience of scoping and running both quantitative and qualitative research, facilitating synthesis, generating insights, communicating with clients and managing multiple stakeholders effectively and sensitively.
Past experience in Branding, strong statistical skills and experience with data mining is a strong positive.
You are a master of finding the angle of the story that will resonate and inspire your audience.
Please note: Proficiency in English (min. C1) language is required for this position.
What we offer
Our agency advises successful brands worldwide and supports customers in the development of holistic product experiences. We think outside the box and change perspectives. Our dynamic team structure and flat hierarchies promote open exchange - we create innovative solutions that inspire. We are more than 100 creative minds: ergonomists, strategists, engineers, designers and ethnographers in Munich, Erlangen and Shanghai. Team spirit really matters to us! Together we enjoy cooking or barbecuing and love to relax on the rooftop terrace.
Do you have the spirit of an Xplorer and are you interested to become a Senior Design Researcher (m/f/d)?