Freelancer (m/w/d) Game Designer/ 3D Artist
designaffairs is a strategic design consultancy with the brains, hands, hearts and guts to rock the future. We believe only exploration beyond boundaries will spark truly new ideas that enable our clients to grow and create a sustainable future.
As a Freelancer (m/w/d) Game Designer/ 3D Artist you create a broad range of elements within a video game. These include graphics, 3D models, sound effects, music, vehicles, head-up displays (HUDs), icons, etc. You will maintain and catalogue a detailed library of all assets required for a “game like experience” (web based and software based) for developers to access during production. This “game like experience” utilize a vast array of audio and visual components to engage the “player”.
The artist will be asked to convert real life products into optimized game ready assets (Based on pictures or CAD models) that are both extremely lightweight and as realistic as possible.
- Liaising with designers and animators regarding the brief and scope of work
- Assisting in the creation of visual and audio assets
- Researching references and resources required to produce assets
- Designing and developing from pictures or CAD to final product
- Creating organic and hard surface models
- Integrating visuals with sound.
- Developing prototypes of assets for testing.
- Producing high and low poly models, keyframe animation and motion graphics.
- Adding special effects. Producing UVW mapping.
- Collaborating with creative and technical teams
Training in computer science, game art or computer graphics
Knowledge of some of the following platforms is required: Blender, Maya, 3D Studio Max, Mudbox, Substance Painter, Quixel Mixer, Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Unity, Sketchfab Web Viewer
Ability to interpret abstract ideas into stylized or photorealistic assets.
Understanding of multi-pass rendering and 3D scene layout
Knowledge of plate and image-based lighting.
Solid understanding of visual language -texture, color, dimension, scale, perspective, shade, composition depth of field, proportion, spatial awareness, etc.
Ability to work in a team and independently
- Please note: Proficiency in German (min. C1) and English language is required for this position.
What we offer
Our agency advises successful brands worldwide and supports customers in the development of holistic product experiences. We think outside the box and change perspectives. Our dynamic team structure and flat hierarchies promote open exchange - we create innovative solutions that inspire. We are more than 100 creative minds: ergonomists, strategists, engineers, designers and ethnographers in Munich and Shanghai.
Do you have the spirit of an Xplorer and are you interested to become a Freelancer (m/w/d) Game Designer/ 3D Artist?